Monday, June 7, 2010

Yard Sale-ing!

So... Here i go again!



I just wanted to tell you a little bit more about myself. I like to try to be very crafty, though i am a scattered crafter lol! I see something i think is neat and i have to do it. After doing it so long, i am on to the next project! I have tried sooo many different things. I have always had a passion for all types of art. Since i was younger, i was big into drawing and painting, and then i was big into photography. Now i am big into all sorts of things... See the trend? lol! My most recent "hobby" is yard sale-ing. I have always loved to go to yard sales! I love to find awesome finds at great deals! I am also a huge bargain hunter! (I love when i go grocery shopping and seeing the "you saved" part. My husband automatically hands me the receipt now! )


Anyhow... My mom just opened up her own Consignment shop where I live. Which in turn has lead me to be sort of addicted to yard sales right now! Haha! I can't help it! It started with my husband and i just seeing a yard sale! Of course, i like yard sales, and my husband and i weren't doing anything special, so we stopped!


When I went started looking around, i found a 98.00 dress, WITH TAGS, marked for a dollar... Not to mention several other great buys! I bought 10 dollars worth of stuff and took it to my moms store. Within 1 day, I sold 2 items and made a profit of 13 dollars! That's also including the fact that my mom gets 50 percent of everything that sells! So i look at it as helping my mom with her store, and at the same time, feeding my addiction to get great deals! :)


I signed up for this blogger account so that i could follow Raychel over on Your Creative Way. And from there, i have found SOOO many different blogs i love! My Dear Trash was the next that i really am loving as well! She does what i am currently having fun doing! Though she buys items, and refurbishes them, then resells them! I would love to do that! And after reading her blog, and several others, i have bought a few small wooden items at yard sales this past weekend to try my hand at that soon! Here is what i bought:



I got both of these for a dollar a piece!! :)

















Then i also bought these!! :) Also a dollar a piece! I love the pitcher! I'm not sure what its made of.. ? It's super heavy!





And this star was 2 dollars! You can put a tea light in it and hang it from a hook somewhere! So cute!





These were my previous find... 2 of them for 5 dollars a piece.. Maybe i can re-do these!!




So, not this coming weekend, but next ( the 17-19), the same yard sale i got the 98.00 dress from is having another! I have off the first two days! How great is that!! My husband I are on a budget (who isn't these days) So i have been trying to wait until then to go yard sale-ing again! I even put money aside from this past weekend for next weekend! They have soo many great things there!

I love that yard sale-ing is something my husband and i can do together! It's something we both have fun doing! Has anyone ever been to the yard sale that goes through several states? We have seen that on HGTV and both would love to go! Interested in any stories from there!

No comments: